I have a Gynaecology Appointment at the end of January. The referral was for the removal of the polyp on my cervix. The G.P has also mentioned my Endometriosis symptoms as that has not yet been surgically diagnosed. I don’t actually want, or feel the need, for a surgical diagnosis. I am more concerned with long-term management of symptoms rather than short-term pain relief. I know everyone who has had surgery for endo wants their pain to go. But it just seems that so many people who have surgery, only end up with the same, or worse pain afterwards. For all I know I don’t have endo, but just a lot of adhesions from my laparoscopy when I was 20 and my umbilical hernia repair when I was 9. It will be good to discuss the symptoms with a specialist and hear their opinion.
FAMILY HISTORY: i) My Nan and my cousin passed away with ovarian cancer. ii) My Mum had a hysterectomy in her 50s due to fibroids or ovarian cysts and possibly because of migraines (she can’t remember).
MY GYNAELOGICAL HISTORY:
- Severe period pain from the age of 12
- IBS symptoms from age 12; constipated in the days running up to a period. Diarrhoea when my period started.
- Polyp found and removed from uterus during a laparoscopy. Age 20/21.
- Pregnancy to full term 1996 and 2004/5.
- Ovulation pain.
- Bleeding between periods. Oestrogen patches prescribed in 2000. Unable to tolerate them due to migraines.
- Fall down garden stairs. Tears to L4/L5 L5/S1 spinal discs. Chronic back pain followed. Always worse before and with a period.
- Chronic Fatigue started in 2003. Always worse before and during a period no matter what level of fatigue I experienced.
- 2013: Passed out with period pain. I wasn’t able to take NSAIDS at the time whilst waiting for an MRI scan due to flare up of back pain, (in thoracic spine).
- 2017: Flare up of pelvic pain following washing the kitchen floor (kneeling down). Ultrasound scan showed left ovary tethered to bowel.
- 2017: Flare up of pelvic pain during stay in alternative accommodation. Led to similar pain experienced with tethered ovary to bowel in a few other locations.
- 2017: Passed blood rectally 4 days before period. Had stomach cramps prior to this. Went to the toilet and passed a lot of gas, along with mucus and dark red blood in discharge (similar to blood I pass PV at the start of a period)
- Painful intercourse
- Pain with passing urine.
- Pain with bowel movements.
- Rectal pain (wakes me up in the night)
- Pain with sitting down.
- Pain with walking.
- Ovulation pain.
- Can become constipated due to pain passing stools.
- Nausea generally a week before period starts
MY MEDICAL HISTORY:
- Born with rectal fissures
- Umbilical Hernia repair age 9.
- Sinus operation age 18.
- Laparoscopy age 20 or 21: Polyp removed from uterus.
- 2000: Polyp removed from cervix. Started oestrogen patches for bleeding between periods.
- 2001: Fall down garden stairs causing tears to two spinal discs.
- 2003: Neurological symptoms: loss of sensation to skin. Tingling in hands. Vertigo which lasted 18 months.
- 2007(ish) diagnosed with M.E
- 2009 Diagnosed with Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.
- 2015: Diagnosed with Hyperaldosteronism.
- 2015: Diagnosed with Sinus Tachycardia.
- 2017: Diagnosed with ovary tethered to bowel.
- 2017: Fibroids discovered on ultrasound scan.
- 2017: Diagnosed with Osteoarthritis in knees (G.P).