1. Speak with your GP regarding pain relief if you aren’t prescribed pain medication, or if you think you may need more for the procedure.
2. Take pain medication around an hour before the procedure.
3. Ask someone to drive you if your pain/discomfort may stop you from being able to drive. Or if you are unable to drive due to your pain medication.
4. Tell the person doing the procedure about your pelvic pain.
5. Ensure the rest of your day is quiet and that you don’t have to rush around to do anything.
6. Tell the receptionist when booking the appointment of your requirements if you have to consider someone else’s time and availability.
7. Wear something which is easy to take off and put back on again at the appointment.